Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Day Run

Tonight's run was just a 6km and it felt like a sprint. I started out fast and maintained it through sheer determination and by concentrating on using arms. Of course, I forgot the Garmin, but runners who were just a couple minutes ahead were running a 5:00/km, so I might have been doing 6:00. I don't know, and it really doesn't matter tonight as this was just an easy tempo run. Tomorrow night we tackle 8 hills, the set of 107 stairs and what will probably tap out at 12km +. This week is beefing up in intensity and I am looking forward to it.

A man in our group, and one of our co-leaders, asked me if I was interested in being pace buddies with him throughout our upcoming speedwork and the race. He said it is possible for us to race a 2:10-2:15 Half. I'd be thrilled. It was a compliment to say the least. I think it will give me the push I need.

We are at week 13-14 of our training and the race is a month away. I am feeling good, and I wonder if the Sunday yoga really had that much of a positive effect on my legs, as they really did feel fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for you comment on my blog!