Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hurting Hips Setback :(

I am getting close to the race - we are three weeks out. The higher mileage and five days a week running has pushed my hip flexor injury to the brink. The chiropractor found a slight scoliosis in my lumbar spine and said that my hips are surrounded by muscular imbalances and weaknesses that I need to start working on. I basically hit my breaking point on the 30K run last weekend. How? I pushed too hard I guess. Mind you, I had a better time at ATB30K. So who knows. I think that it was just the drive in me to continue to build the weekly mileage, but my increments were too much. I have backed off extensively this week. I will have only run twice. Suffice it to say I guess I have started my taper. I intend to get 4 runs in next week. We start that off tomorrow with a 38.5K (24mi) run from Barrie to Orillia. I hope the hips cooperate - think positive - they will. I will touch base later tomorrow when the 38.5 is behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for you comment on my blog!